Get creative! Enter our short story writing competition for young people.
To get you started, please watch David Almond's video message for inspiration and ideas.
Now for the serious stuff.
- This competition is only open to young people aged 9-14 who have seen TSF's production of Heaven Eyes in 2017.
- Stories should have the title The Journey and be inspired by seeing the production Heaven Eyes.
- Stories entered should be no more than 1000 words.
- Stories can only be entered by a parent, teacher or guardian on behalf of a child.
- Only one entry per child allowed.
- Stories must be an original piece of fiction.
How to Enter
Post a copy of the short story to:
FAO Sue Maltby, Theatre Sans Frontieres, 2a Tanners Yard, Hexham NE46 3NL
- the child's name and date of birth
- age on 24 April 2017
- contact name and email address of adult sending the story
- school or youth group (if applicable)
- where and when the young person saw Heaven Eyes
The deadline for entries is Monday 24 April 2017
There are two categories: 9-11 year olds and 12-14 year olds.
The judges will be author David Almond and theatre director John Cobb.
Prizes include signed copies of David Almond's books and free tickets to a show at your local theatre. There are three prizes for each category. The judges' decision is final.
While the entrants will retain the rights to their stories, we will post the winning entry on our website when we announce the winner in June.