Les Olympiques des Animaux
The Animals' Olympics
SUITABLE FOR:6-11 YEAR OLDS
Les Olympiques des Animaux (The Animals' Olympics) is a theatre production that celebrates the 2016 Olympics Games in Rio, Brazil through live action, comedy, puppets and catchy songs.
Lion, Rabbit, Horse, Whale and Elephant, from five different French speaking countries, participate in an exciting pentathlon, consisting of: running; cycling; swimming; rowing and long jump.
- The production uses simple French vocabulary, including numbers, colours, weather, animals and sports etc.
- Les Olympiques des Animaux supports the listening and speaking strand of the new KS2 programme of studies as well as the new OFSTED requirement for SMSC provision.
- The show provides a meaningful context for pupils' language learning and will help to develop confidence, teamwork and collaboration.
- The production supports schools applying for International Schools Award, Artsmark and children doing Arts Award.
- An education pack which includes a synopsis, music and lyrics, as well as a range of activities, is available before the show to enable teachers to prepare their pupils so that they gain maximum benefit from the performance.
- This show has been specifically designed to be performed in school halls and not on a stage.
Watch Your Pupils Perform with the Cast!
- Some pupils will be able to participate in the show itself.
- They will enjoy workshops with the actors and create two scenes from the play.
- These will be incorporated into the final production for the rest of the audience to watch.
- A maximum of 60 children (years 4-6) will be able to perform in the show after participating in workshops with the actors. The remainder of the children will enjoy the full show as part of the audience.
For more information and bookings, please contact Sue Maltby at TSF on 01434 603114 or email email@example.com
BOOKING INFORMATION FOR SCHOOLS:DOWNLOAD